Monday, July 25, 2011

Gives Me Hope

Hey everyone, I just got back from a week long vacation day before yesterday. I'm still a little jet lagged, but I wanted to do an entry. I've been super happy since my vacation and couldn't think of ANYTHING to write about, but like I said before, this is NOT a depressing site. This site is supposed to make you want to LIVEEEE.

So, I have this amazing website I want you all to check out. It's called "Gives Me Hope". You know what it reminds me of? This other site called FMyLife except it's better. It's inspirational and some of it has brought me to tears... in a good way. People share their stories of, well, what gives them hope. Some of it can be extreme and some of them are the little things. Here, I'll share a few:

"My dad finally noticed how little I've been eating lately and forced me to eat more.

In retaliation, I told him that he can't force me until he stops smoking and drinking. Next week, we both start our recovery.

His determination GMH."


"I went through a really hard patch in my life that lasted about 5 years.

I became a drug addict. I attempted suicide 6 times, was an extreme self-harmer. Sexually abused. I am now struggling with an eating disorder, Anorexia, with bulimic tendecies. If I can get through these things, you can, too.

9 weeks clean, baby. My strength GMH."


"I was in the terminal illness ward in the hospital I get treated at.

A boy at maybe the age of 3 comes up to me and tells me 'You're going to make a beautiful angel one day.' and gave me a Spiderman bandaid for the 'needle prickies'.

Moments like this GMH."


Whenever I am feeling down, I go to this site and read a few of these. They aren't all about serious matters... and that last one, I know it isn't about suicide, but it's more about me. :) I'm no stranger to the hospital.

Anyways, Question of the Post is: What gives you hope?

To me, it would be the friends I've made because of my disease. Everyone is just so happy and it doesn't bring them down. If they aren't upset, why should I be? Their happiness GMH.

http://www.givesmehope.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment