Thursday, July 7, 2011

"It's Fake"

I had someone email me and tell me that none of her friend's believed that she was depressed. That she felt the feelings she did. My boyfriend went through the same feelings and couldn't relate to anybody. This one girl I knew who had anxiety was always made fun of because everyone thought she was faking it. You know what? Screw those "other people". They can't tell you what you're feeling. They can't get inside your head and point out everything that is true and false. So when someone ever tells you, "You're faking it." Just ignore them. I know it's hard, but don't let it get to you. 

It can be hard when there is no one to relate to, but just so you know, you are not alone. There have been times when I have felt so depressed and it felt like there was absolutely NO reason behind it. "You're just a girl," was one of the reasons I was given. It didn't feel right. I don't think that was it. "You're faking it," and I knew THAT was incorrect. Because there was no way I could be faking my own feelings. And if your "friends" think that you're faking something so serious... I'll tell you this, they aren't your real friends. You need someone supportive. Who doesn't accuse you of something so horrible. When you're going through something like depression, you need support, not friends who say you're faking it. That will only make it worse, unless you have the great mind to ignore them. 

So please, just know that you need to surround yourself with positive things. Know that what you're going through, whether it's anxiety, depression, panic attacks, or a combination of the three, that it isn't fake and that I believe in you. You can get through this.

Question of the post is: Are your friends supportive? 

A lot of mine didn't know I was upset when I was going through my rough times. But the ones who did know... I had a few great ones. And two of them just talked about themselves. Their problems were more important. Or "the children in Africa are starving and you're complaining about this?" I hate it when people say that. Just because someone else has a bigger problem doesn't make mine less important. I still have a problem, and you do, too. Always remember that no matter who has a problem in the world, yours still matters. Treat your problem, don't let it suffer in still frame of time. You deserve to get better.

Thank you for reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment