Thursday, June 23, 2011

Rich With Nothing

My father has always had close to nothing. He's always been a bartender or a blacksmith. Pretty much meaning, he's had no money. A lot of people get depressed because they have no money. My dad has depression or at least, he did have it. Eventually, what brought him out of it were his friends and family. What he realized was that he was rich. He was filthy stinkin' rich. He used to tell me, "Leah, I may have no money, but I'm the richest man in the world. I am rich in friends. They love me and care for me. They will be there for me no matter what. You have great friends and family. Remember that."

Even when things get rough and you're living through hard times, you can still be happy. My dad is living in a trailer as a bouncer now, but he is one of the happiest men I know. He always has a smile on his face and is telling me things I really would rather not hear. But it is always a pleasure to see him happy.

The next time you're getting pissed off about those rich kids having more money than you when you have to work your butt off to live paycheck to paycheck, don't worry about it. Chances are, people can't stand them. You have something they don't. You have friends. Even if it's only one, that friend is probably a hell of a lot better than anything they have. Family will also be there for you even if they seem like they won't. A lot of them will. There is always someone.

And there's always me! Drop me an email!

Like I said.

There is always someone.

So, what do you think? Can you be rich without money? Or does rich only come in the dollar amount? Leave your comments below or drop me an email explaining why you feel this is so. Thank you for your time.

3 comments:

  1. Rich without money, I have a family, I get food on my table, I have a laptop, I have online and offline friends that I would dlie without, I have a sister who im not related to but If it were not for us meeting I really dont know what I would do, she is always going to be there for me <3 Family and friends are special, who cares about richness, sometimes I get upset about our bills, and my mother and father fight over it, but in the long run we will pull through, everything comes up right if you believe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitions of Rich as found in dictionaries:

    1: having abundant possessions and especially material wealth
    2
    a : having high value or quality b : well supplied or endowed (a city rich in traditions)
    3
    : magnificently impressive : sumptuous
    4
    a : vivid and deep in color (a rich red) b : full and mellow in tone and quality (a rich voice) c : having a strong fragrance (rich perfumes)
    5
    : highly productive or remunerative (a rich mine)
    6
    a : having abundant plant nutrients (rich soil) b : highly seasoned, fatty, oily, or sweet (rich foods) c : high in the combustible component (a rich fuel mixture) d : high in some component (cholesterol-rich foods)
    7
    a : entertaining; also : laughable b : meaningful, significant (rich allusions) c : lush (rich meadows)
    8
    : pure or nearly pure (rich lime)

    Only one of those definitions speak of wealth as being "rich" at at least 4 of the others can be used to define my friends, my family and people i meet on a day to day basis...so rich for me has nothing to do with monetary value.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Have great friends and family.I doesn't matter if I don't have a boyfriend.Or a guy that likes me,because I love me.My family loves me,and my friends do too.Sometimes I wish I had more money,but it will come if you enjoy what you have,instead of complain about what you don't have.
    This Is Esse10,my real name is Essence

    ReplyDelete